Becoming a naturalized citizen of the United States

The Immigration Law offices of Muston and Jack has been providing assistance to thousands of US permanent residents to obtain their US Naturalization (Citizenship).
For more than 26 years, Attorney Michael Muston and now with Attorney Gabriel Jack, have witnessed how their clients who once arrived to the US with many dreams and hopes, get their US Citizenship after years of hard work and finally make their American Dream come true and help make this Nation more diverse and rich.

If you have been a US Permanent Resident for at least 5 years or 3 years if married and living with a U.S. Citizen spouse and it is your desire to become a Naturalized U.S. Citizen, don’t hesitate to contact us and schedule an initial consultation where we will take the time to explain you the Naturalization process to become a US Citizen, the basic requirements to help you prepare for your Citizenship test and see you at the Oath Ceremony, obtain your Naturalization Certificate.

General basic requirements to become a U.S. Naturalized Citizen:

  • The applicant must be 18 years or older if applying through the N-400 form
  • Has been a Permanent Resident for 5 years or more, or married to a US Citizen for 3 years
  • Has been physically present in the US and not left for more than 180 days (6 months) in the last 5 years
  • Have lived in the same district address stated on the N-400 application form for the last 3 months
  • Demonstrate good moral character
  • Show an attachment to the U.S. Constitution
  • Be able to read, write, speak, and understand basic English
  • Demonstrate a knowledge of U.S. civics (history and government)
  • Take the oath of allegiance to the United States

Sample video of the U.S. Citizenship interview with a USCIS Immigration Officer:

Helping You to Obtain the Right Visa When You Need It

When you contact our firm for an initial consultation, we will take the time to educate and explain the immigration laws, regulations and the visa application procedures of the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, formerly known as the INS or Immigration and Naturalization Service). As a client, you will work directly with an experienced attorney who will be able to answer any questions you have and keep you informed and aware of new developments as your case moves forward.

For all of your legal immigration needs, contact the immigration lawyers of Muston & Jack, P.C., at our San Jose or Los Angeles California law offices to schedule an initial consultation.

  • Gabriel Jack helped us apply for an O-1 Visa, when we needed to change visa status and we got it! The documentation required for an O-1 visa is extensive but we managed to complete everything together with Gabriel in about 4 weeks. Gabriel is very professional and knows what is important and he is also easy to talk to and helpful. We are very pleased and will use Gabriel again should there be a need.
    Counrty of Origin Thank you -
  • Gabriel did a good job. He was easy to deal with, returned calls and did what he said he would – nice change from some lawyers I’ve dealt with. My E3 was approved with no trouble at all…and he’s a really nice person, which is a good bonus. Thanks Gabe!!
    Counrty of Origin Many Thanks! -
  • We had previously shopped around for an immigration lawyer, but we went with Gabriel. He was very knowledgeable, friendly, and thorough. He was able to help us to prepare a very detailed interview packet, and we got our E2 visa at the end of the interview.
    Counrty of Origin Successful E2 Visa -
See All Testimonials